BLESSINGS, My CHILD
A Unique Devotional for Children
Children from all backgrounds need to know they are deeply and unconditionally loved by God, and the adults in their lives need spiritual tools that point them to God in times of happiness and despair.
Blessings, My Child accomplishes both. Every reading includes:
- Engaging artwork that draws in the young reader
- A brief passage of Scripture
- A blessing from God
- Discussion questions to go deeper
The book contains 101 blessings written for children 6-12 years old that can be read aloud by an adult or young reader.
A sampling of blessings
Children Are Special to Me
Mark 10:16 (NIV)
And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
You are so special to Me. I have always treasured My loved younger ones. You are willing to see Me and believe.
Your loving Jesus
- Did you know how much I talk about how special children are to Me in the Bible?
- Why do you think I love children so much?
- What can you do better than grown-ups?
No Fear in My Love
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. Instead perfect love drives away fear. Fear has to do with being punished. The one who fears does not have perfect love.
I want to fill you with My perfect love, so that you do not have to fear. My love always wants what is best for you.
Your precious Lord Jesus
- Why do you think My love is perfect?
- If love is perfect, why don’t you need to fear?
- Is it easy to have perfect love?
Forgiven to Forgive
Put up with one another. Forgive one another if you are holding something against someone. Forgive, just as the Lord forgave you. And over all these good things put on love. Love holds them all together perfectly as if they were one.
It is so important for you to forgive others just as much as I have forgiven you, which is always and totally! And most importantly, show love to all those around you. Love is what I want most for My children.
I love you always, Jesus
- Is it always easy to forgive those who have hurt you?
- Why is it important that you forgive?
- Is there someone you would like to forgive for hurting you?
Meet the author
“My prayer is that this book will help children realize how deeply God loves them.”
Ginger Payne graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and spent the rest of her working career teaching children. Married to Chris for over forty years, she enjoys spending time with her two daughters and 4 grandchildren.
Her heartfelt desire is that children and the important adults in their lives will be blessed in incredible ways by reading and discussing this book together, one or two blessings at a time, getting to know God and each other even better.
Sign up for updates
© 2017 Ginger Payne LLC